Alabama Political, Helpful, and Interesting Sites
Spend 10 minutes and watch John Lennon and Yoko's WAR IS OVER! (If You Want It) video about peace about the globe and people being responsible for their actions, not "father, government." Honestly, little has changed, if any, since these statements and his campaign. Though I somehat disagree with his solution to world peace I strongly support his position of taking responsibility for ourselves an helping others.
- Activist Groups & Individuals
- African Americans
- Agenda 21/Sustainable Development - The
overarching goal of Agenda 21 is to establish international norms of personal behavior that are
dictated by a group of the world's so-called 'enlightened elite' who believe they know best how
people ought to live therefore they should be allowed to tell the how they should live. -
Congressional Candidate Nathan Tabor (R-NC CD13).
- Abuse of power: Stacy Lynne
and updated 12Apr2012
- Tom DeWeese - New Strategies
in the Fight to Stop Agenda 21
Casey and Ken Freeman on the radio
- Power Point presentations for elected
officials and citizens
- Alabama Conservative Network May 2, 2011
- Auburn University Sustainable Development
leadership - is this not our tax dollars being spent to our further government control
of our land and lives?
position on Agenda 21 and their web site
- Depopulation by Stephanie R. Pasco and
Secretary of House Energy and Commerce Committee, Kathleen Sebelius, claimed "The
reduction in a number of pregnancies compensates for the cost of contraception."
- Earth Charter, the guide the transition to sustainable development.
- Flyer for distribution
- Home Rule =
Agenda 21. There is a connection , read for yourselves
ICLEI, International Council for Local
Environmental Initiatives. Local Government for Sustainability with over 1220
local government members, including Birmingham and Huntsville. These ICLEI guys are
outsiders who come into our communities to train, convince, and push our elected
servants of these unconstitutional mandates.
- Carroll County, Maryland in 2011 and 54 communities have experienced the
negative aspects of ICLEI and cancelled their contracts with this UN initiative.
Carroll County not only cancelled their ICLEI membership but terminated their
sustainable development director's contact, per Conservativecorner-karen.blogspot.com.
- Northport Gazette news
article - you too can lose your business and use of your property - not a conspiracy but
fact and reality.
- Republican National Committee, according to Carolyn L. McLarty, DVM, Republican
National committeewoman for Oklahoma in an email on 14Jan2012 wrote The Resolution
Exposing UN Agenda 21 passed unamended through the full RNC yesterday.
- Smart meters - read of a woman's hassle to reject an offer for a
smart meter in Iowa.
- Snoopy of
Peanuts by Charles Schulz appears to be suffering from Agenda 21 or Smart Growth as
- UN Conference on Sustainable Development (UNCSD) or Rio+20 Conference 4-6Jun
2012 in Rio de Janeiro. Enabling a
Flourishing Earth: Challenges for the Green Economy, Opportunities for Global
- Alabama Associations
- Alabama Government
Alabama Debt Clock effecting every man, woman, and child. The below debt by citizen is very conservative compared to the $14,000 finding by truthinaccounting.org. See pages 13 and 14 of this link.
- Apportionment and crime stats -
- Aint losing money. Here is a easy to read and understand array of tables from PoliticsAlabama.org showing
facts and what we are being told is false.
- Alabama Constitution
- Constitution of 1901 and the Constitutional Revision
Commission and Re-Codificatin of Alabama
Constitution April, 2002
- Section 1 Equality and rights of men. That all men are equally free and independent; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
- Section 2 People source of power. That all political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit; and that, therefore, they have at all times an inalienable and indefeasible right to change their form of government in such manner as they may deem expedient.
- Section 4 Freedom of speech and press. That no law shall ever be passed to curtail or restrain the liberty of speech or of the press; and any person may speak, write, and publish his sentiments on all subjects, being responsible for the abuse of that liberty.
- Amendment 448 (c) in summary states the budget for the next fiscal year must be completed and signed by the governor before bills for expenditures are "signed by the presiding officer of the house or senate and transmitted to the other house" and presented to the governor. Wow, maybe those 140 making laws should know and follow the law!
- Article IV Legislative Department
- Section 46 - Election and terms of office of senators an representatives; vacancies in office. In part the section reads "Whenever a vacancy shall occur in either house, the governor shall issue a writ of election to fill such vacancy for the remainder of the term."
- Section 94 - Municipalities not to grant public money or lend credit to private persons or corporations. The legislature shall not have power to authorize any county, city, town, or other subdivision of this state to lend its credit, or to grant public money or thing of value in aid of, or to any individual, association, or corporation whatsoever, or to become a stockholder in any such corporation, association, or company, by issuing bonds or otherwise.
- Title 3
- Title 11- Counties and
- §11-1-11 Payment of membership fees in state organizations, etc., for sheriffs, tax assessors, tax collectors, circuit clerks and registers, license commissioners, etc.
- §11-1-13 Alteration, etc., of precinct or beat lines or creation of new precincts or beats.
- §11-1-15 Authority to join national and state association of county commissions.
Bonds Requirements of all County Officials - All county
officials of all counties in this state shall be required to execute
official bonds payable to the state of Alabama for the faithful performance
of their duties and such additional official bonds as from time to time the
public interest may demand and as may be required by the provisions of
- §11-2-1 through 11-2-7 Filing and Recordation of Bonds of County Officers and
Employees. The bonds of all county officers and county employees
required by the provisions of this Code, with the exception of the bond of
the judge of probate, shall be filed and recorded in the office of the
judge of probate, and the bond of the judge of probate shall be filed and
recorded in the office of the clerk of the circuit court, and duplicate
copies of the bonds of the probate judge and tax assessor and tax collector
shall be filed with the comptroller.
- §11-2A-1 Categorization of counties. Macon County with a 2010 population of 21,500 is in Category 5, population from 19,000 to 50,000.
- §11-2A-2 Annual compensation of certain local officials. Amendments to this article: Act2000-108, Act2001-344, and Act2001-697. Based on general law of September 30, 2000 plus a 17 percent increase.
- §11-2A-3 Additional compensation. For full-time county commission chairperson in Macon County shall receive an extra $5,000 annually.
- §11-3-1 Qualifications of candidates for county commissioner; vacancies; composition of commission; meetings.
- §11-3-4.1 Compensation for commissioners.
- §11-3-7 Quorum
- §11-3-8 Scheduling of regular and special meetings.
- §11-3-11 Powers and duties generally.
- §11-3-11.1 Authorization, adoption, levy, assessment, collection, or enforcement of excise, privilege, or license taxes ratified.
- §11-3-20 Proceedings at meetings of county commission - Presiding officer.
- §11-3-21 Statement of financial status - Required.
- §11-3A ALABAMA LIMITED SELF-GOVERNANCE ACT.
- §11-10 MAKING OF LOANS IN ANTICIPATION OF TAXES.
- §11-11 ISSUING OF WARRANTS IN ANTICIPATION OF GASOLINE TAXES of the Highway Gasoline Tax.
- §11-26 SELF-INSURANCE FOR COMPENSATION, HOSPITALIZATION, ETC.; BENEFITS.
- §11-30 LIABILITY SELF-INSURANCE FUNDS.
Title 13A Criminal
§ 13A-7-29 (responsibilities, definitions, and fines),
§23-5-7 (signs), 23-5-8 (enforcement),
§23-5-13 (DOT rules)
§23-5-14 (county responsibilities), §22-27-3
(county authority for methods of waste collections and disposal, household
exemptions)ties). A Legislative opinion acknowledging "solid waste is a
matter of grave concern to all citizens" in §11-89A-1.
Additionally see Littering below for more
- Tampering with Governmental Records §13A-10-12
- among others (3) provides "Knowing he lacks the authority to retain a
governmental record he refuses to deliver up the record in his possession
upon proper request of a person lawfully entitled to receive such record
for examination or other purposes" is a Class A misdemeanor
County Boards of Education
Terms of Office; oath of office - school board members' retained by
- Title 17 Fair Campaign Practices Act
- §17-5-12 Identification of paid advertisements
- §17-5-13 Card, pamphlets ... name of candidate...
- §17-17-5(a) "No person in the employment of the State of Alabama, a county, a city, a local school board, or any other governmental agency, whether classified or unclassified, shall use any state, county, city, local school board, or other governmental agency funds, property, or time, for any political activities.”
- Title 18 Eminent Domain
- Title 31 Military Affairs and Civil Defense
- §31-2-17 - Unauthorized Wearing of Uniform of United States Armed Forces
- Title 35 Property
- Title 36 Public
Officers and Employees
§36.5 - State Public Officers and Employees
provides for a copy of state officials, agents, etc to have a filed copy of
their bond within the Secretary of State's office.
when bonds to be filed.
- Open Meetings Act
Open Records Laws is a series of laws
designed to guarantee that the public has access to the records of
government bodies at all levels in Alabama. Rights of citizen to access public records are §36.12.40 and public official responsibilities must comply with §36.12.41. General Provisions, including defination of public records at §41.13.
- Title 38 Public Welfare
- Filing Names of Recipient of Public Assistance with Probate Judge, Article 38-1-4
- Title 45 Local Laws
Reform of 2012
- Administrative Code
- Alabama - Miscellaneous
- Alabama Climatologist - buckets of information about our weather, historical and current
- Alabama Possible - state organization for
resource to educate and develop solutions that reduce systemic poverty in Alabama.
Wage, Salary, and Benefits Survey Municipalities February, 2010
- 2010 Alabama Voting
Stats and some of county write-in tally sheets,
excluding Macon County.
- Demographics and many useful and
- Education - Common Core
ForeverWild - Please someone tell me this gas rig isn't really on property leased to Forever Wild and that the state is broke but as of July 2015 the Forever Wild Board of Trustees is still spending as if there is no tomorrow.
- state swebsite
- Non-Government Organizations
- Land holdings from Alabama Secretary of State website on 9Feb2015.
- Cahaba River -why is
the federal government through the back door and strong arm tactics want the land
from over 1000 landowners along the Cahaba River in Alabama? This river is the
largest river in Alabama. The feds want 176,000 acres in conservation easements and
want to purchase 130,000 acres. Why? Control the water, control the people. Read
- Official Emblems, Symbols, and Honors
- Occupational Tax by locality
- OpenBama takes the best of several
political based web sites and combined them into a very helpful and easily navigated
- Alabama Political Parties
- Business, Corporations, and
Government - a compelling 14 minute video explaining the relationship among those three
entities including that government owns 70% of the investments on the equity market. Obviously
owning only 30% of the stock market government owns the market. You really must take the
few minutes to view this video.
- County information across the nation. Everything, including mapped locations, you may ever want to know about a county and its officers and offices. Sent to me by Suzanne S.
- Delphi Technique - defeating
it and Political
- Education - Common Core Standards Initiative (CCSSI). Alabama State Board of Education adopted
CCSSI in Math and English.
- Facts and Stats
- Fiscal Responsibility
- 2016 Budget heading into 2nd special session. Representative Ed Henry is spot on with his fiscal and reform views.
- Americans for Tax Reform - we must, at least for 2011, work until August 12, a whopping 224 days, to pay
governments with our hard earned and limited income so they can continue helping others,
often young non-working persons enjoying their big screen tv's in the middle of the day.
This date is known as the Cost of
- Center for Fiscal Accountability,
Americans for Tax Reform
- Federal government
spends roughly 39% of every dollar generated by our economy - National Center for
- Follow-the-Money.org - the site
includes more information on a daily basis. Great research to follow money flow on state
ballot issues, campaigns and the top national, state, and local 10,000 top donors. Should
be a source for all governmental research projects.
- Alabama Open Government - an
informative site for expenses, contracts, budgeting, lobbyists (all 625), and state
- Governmental abuse
- Seems all is fair with MuckRock.com with FOI requests and examination of our government at all levels. Per their web site "Requests are based on your questions, concerns, and passions..." and have filed 10,925 requests with 384,281 pages of government documents released. They are here to help us with greater transparency, so ask them.
- Reported by Phillip Swarts of The Washington Times during FY 2013 the federal
government spent almost
$1.3 million on alcohol, quadrupling the $315K spent in 2005. The State
Department needing $400K in alcohol in 2013!
- Why would the Agriculture Department give a $200K grant to Whispering Meadow
Vineyards and Winery to help them buy new tanks and bottling equipment? Quit
possibly for votes for their federal senator.
Travel. Many of us do not have a clue as to the extent of travel
enjoyed by our elected and appointed officials from our mayors to state and national
cabinet members to all executive branches, primarily the federal executive branch.
Retirees must continue to pay social security and income taxes on our limited (earned)
benefits. Either curtail abusive travel or have the travel calculated into their
federal and state tax liabilities - such as when the recipient of travel paid by
private associations or individuals.
- Approximately, 100 elected, appointed, staff members, and family members flew and attended an international air show in UK in 2014 for about a week!
- Approximately, 100 elected, appointed, staff members, and family
members flew and attended the Paris Air Show in 2013.
- And let the travel continue for those on "economic" trips. Many as well as others still in the range of a 100 traveled to London in July of 2014
- Frequent traveling Presidents,
a look by Mr. Demian S. Brady of the National Taxpayers Union and Obama vacations
reported by judicialwatch.org
- Nancy Peloisi as Speaker enjoyed weekly round trip flights to her home
in California on private jets because she did not want to endure any stops
- not to mention the liquor and food bills for these flights.
- The federal government's fleet of 1,700 aircraft with the General
Services Administration not keeping track of how and when the planes are
used fosters such abuses as 395 personal trips aboard FBI aircraft.
- "nonmission" flying aboard FBI and other aircraft cost us an
estimated $11 million within only two years, 2009 to 2011. Rep. Sheila
Jackson-Lee of Texas flying about the globe in Feb. 2013 using her "right"
to spend $23,646 of our tax dollars.
- "Free" priority parking next to the terminal at Washington's Reagan
National Airport costing the airport authority $738,760 in lost
- A fact-finding GOP congressional Israeli trip ("rite of passage for
members of Congress" reports Jake Sherman and John Bresnahan 19Aug2012 on
Politico.com) paid by the American Isreal Educational Foundation from Aug
13 to Aug 21, 2011 costing upwards to $10K/ea of the 60 junior congressmen,
their families and staff members was the focus of an FBI investigation into
nudity. Each attendee should be required to declare the value of this
trip on their personal income tax.
- Government is not your daddy
- Other text book examples of mis-using tax dollars.
- Health Care (obamacare)
Liberty Council complaint
- ObamaCare declares
war on doctors by Dick Morris. A video and petition to our elected officials demanding
an end to this jobs killing, death squads, and the crazy-ass ObamaCare.
- Affordable Health Care for America Act (HR3962)
- Home Rule
- Home Rule =
Agenda 21. There is a connection , read for yourselves
- Initiative and Referendum (I&R): Ballotpedia,
I&R Institute, wikipedia,
National Conference of State
- The Association of County Commissions of Alabama (ACCA)
opposes any effort to establish a procedure for citizens to initiate the enactment,
repeal, or amendment of any laws that would impact county government or actions taken by
the county commission. Ya gotta wonder if membership dues paid by our taxes to this
organization and their stance in silencing the voters is something we should be angry
about? BTW the ACCA also opposes any legislation that would allow for the recall of any
elected officials in Alabama. Sounds like the ACCA is representing the interests of
their members to remain in office instead of our interests as tax payers and those who pay
for our county commissioners' membership to this association.
- Lee County Master Plan
- Disgraced Lee County Representative and Speaker Mike Hubbard.
- WSFA summary of his 12 of 23 guilty verdicts.
- Board of Education redistricting. Current
board districts and proposed
board districts. The Opelika Auburn News article of September 22, 2011 did not mention
public hearings. Suggest LeeCounty residents ask the Lee County Board of Education for
public hearings schedule.
by Auburn University College of Liberal Arts, Mark Wilson, Ph.D.
- Duties of County Commissioners related to road and bridge maintence, Act No. 2011-599.
- Commission's procedure to set hours of regular month meetings, HB625, Act No. 1987-205
- Election of commissioners and board of education, H-956, Act No. 1990-436
- Source of some of Macon County fees and taxes
- Re-authorization to increase certain court costs, HB882, Act No. 1990-253
- Filing complaint in civil and criminal cases and a fee for service of all related pleadings and documents. Act No. 2010-231 HB552 sponsored by Rep Pebblin Warren
- County Commission compensation (Macon County is classified as category 6 with a population less than 19,000) - as prescribed by general law on Sept 30, 2000 plus 15 percnt increase.
- Chairman, Act 1991-817 from H78
- Alabama Code 11-2A-2(2) provides for the minimum compensation shall be 15% increase of compensation prescribed by law on Sep 30, 2000.
- Alabama Code 11-2A-3 Macon County by population of less than 19,000 is catagorized as 6, the less of the six categories.
- Commision, judge of probate, revenue commissioner, and sheriff expense allowance, Act 2001-560 from HB870, amounting to $400 per month from the county general fund. Do not understand why but an identical HB895, also sponsored by Rep Johnny Ford, Act No. 2001-566 provides for the same expense allowances in the same amount of $400.
- County Commission mileage set at 10 cents per mile traveled on official business, not to exceed $200/month AND 10 cents per mile attending conventions. Act No. 2000-443, HB924 sponsored by Rep Johnny Ford.
- Revenue Commissioner and Probate Judge website
- Macon County, US states, counties, and
municipalities Business Patterns by US Census Bureau
- Voter Registration and Board of Registrars, Court house. 334-724-2617
- existing and
redistricting map based on 2010 census
- Middle East - 40 maps explaining the area. This information is out of place on this website but of too great of value to not save it someplace. So this is "someplace."
- Property Rights
- If you own rural land (in reality the government owns your land, you don't) and a governmental agency is pestering you, you must contact the National Association of Rural Landowners, within three days of being served papers. The association provides "advocates and consultants for urban and rural landowers."
- Quo Warranto and additional documents and progress
- "The right to bear arms, fiscal responsibility, individual freedom, school choice and equal protection for everyone regardless of race, creed or gender. What's not to love? There's a little Libertarian in all of us." Keen Umbehr
- Senior Citizens - "American Senior Alliance is a not-for-profit organization that brings together our nation’s senior citizens to defend their values and to protect the rights and services they’ve earned.Through strong and targeted advocacy, AmSA will help preserve the financial resources of our seniors and keep dollars in their wallet" from their website. Best yet I know Conwell Hooper AmSA Excutive Director who has worked for senior citizens for well over a decade.
- Recall - Want recall check out www.LetBamaVote.org and www.RecallTheRogues.org
- Redistricting State wide public hearings on
legislative redistricting Excel files for the number of people in need of moving into or out of the
state senate and house districts based on the 2010
census. Proceedings of Auburn
- TRAVISTOCK - Educate
- United States Government
- Contact information for three branches and agencies at the federal and state levels.
- This is an excellent summary of executive orders and laws passed under the radar to bring us to the point of potential martial law. Of course Bush and Obama have been the biggest offenders, but these go back over 50 years!
- Presidential Executive
Orders from George Washington to Barack
- Proposing Constitutional Amendments by a Convention of the States by Alec.org
- Look out that's not a mosquito but a drone!
Apparently, it's an 'insect' spy drone for urban
areas, already in production, and funded by the US Government. It can be remotely
controlled and is equipped with a camera and a microphone. It can land on you, and it
may have the potential to take a DNA sample or leave RFID tracking nano technology on
your skin. It can fly through an open window, or it can attach to your clothing until
you take it in your home. Given their propensity to request macro-sized drones for
surveillance, one is left with little doubt that police and military may look into
these micro gadgets next.
And now you know why the US Government has requested the law be changed to allow drone
surveillance in the United States...
- If I Want America to
- United Commercial Code
provided by Cornell University Law School - UCC 1-308
- Accountability Office - Opportunities to Reduce Potential Duplication
in Government Program as, Save Tax Dollars, and Enhance Revenue
Allan P. Kirby, Jr. Center
for Constitutional Studies & Citizenship at Hillsdale College
- Congressional bills of interest
- Defense Authorization Act 2011 HR1540
and SB1867 -
where Congressman Mike Rogers and Senators Sessions and Shelby voted yea.
Controversial bill where American citizens' liberties are at risk.
- Internet Sales Tax
- Congress related
- US Military
- Vetfriends - helping U.S. Military Veterans
- Month of the Military Child
by Debra Rae - a very informative and good read for all of us brats.
- Proposed TRICARE Fee Increases for FY 2013-17. The federal
budget is still on veterans' backs.
- Shopping for military clothing, supplies, and weapon manuals?
- World history - you'll not read in history books
- a 1945 documentary of Nazi carnage directed by Alfred Hitchcock so damning it remained hidden in the Imperial War Museum until discovered in rusty video cans in 1980's. Be prepared for the facts and disturbing scenes of what one man caused.