Personal Property Rights
Constitution of Alabama 1901, Article I Declaration of Rights
- Section 1, Equality and rights of men. That all men are equally free and independent; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain inalienable rights; that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
- Section 2, People source of power. That all political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority, and instituted for their benefit; and that, therefore, they have at all times an inalienable and indefeasible right to change their form of government in such manner as they may deem expedient.
Personal property rights are being taken from citizens faster than the speed of hurricane Sandy or the tornadoes that riped apart Alabama. If you own rural land (in reality the government owns your land, you don't) and a governmental agency is pestering you, you must contact the National Association of Rural Landowners, within three days of being served papers. The association provides "advocates and consultants for urban and rural landowers."
The BLM (need I say more) and the Dann sisters of the Shoshones have been physically battling for their land for decades- land that has been in the family for generations. A long read but a powerful example of supporting what the Bundy's did a few years back and what is going on in Oregon today. And KrisAnne Hall summarizes what the federal government has been doing to its people. A press release on Jan 4, 2016. Here is an interview by Steve Benham of KATU with Ammon Bundy. Ammon Bundy's statement read by his attorney following his second day in jail. FBI video of shooting. Criminal complaint against eight patriots arrested. AL.com narrative and photographs. A lengthy recording on Feb 10, 2016 between the four remaining patriots and the FBI projected over Youtube. Warning, the patriots' language is reflected of their anger and frustration willing to stand up against "enemies foreign and domestic." The passion from David Frye of Ohio and from KrisAnne Hall and Gavin Seim was heard by a hundred thousasnd at one time while the conversation was streamed for 4 hours. Seim and Hall finally talked Frye to leave the compound after vowing he would not surrender and be subject to the authorities he and the others were protesting against for weeks. Met Gavin Seim in Guntersville in May 2016 - an very inspiration talk and an activist I can only dream of being. Those arrested, per OregonLive.com,
* Dylan Wade Anderson, age 34, of Provo, Utah
* Sandra Lynn Anderson, age 48, of Riggins, Idaho
* Sean Larry Anderson, age 47, of Riggins, Idaho
* Jeff Wayne Banta, age 46, of Yerington, Nevada
* Ammon Edward Bundy, age 40, of Emmett, Idaho
* Ryan C. Bundy, age 43, of Bunkerville, Nevada
* Brian Cavalier, age 44, of Bunkerville, Nevada
* Shawna Cox, age 59, Kanab, Utah
* Duane Leo Ehmer, age 45, of Irrigon, Oregon
* David Lee Fry, age 27, of Blanchester, Ohio
* Kenneth Medenbach, age 62, of Crescent, Oregon
* Joseph Donald O'Shaughnessy, age 45, of Cottonwood, Arizona
* Jason S. Patrick, age 43, of Bonaire, Georgia
* Ryan Waylen Payne, age 32, of Anaconda, Montana
* Jon Eric Ritzheimer, age 32, Peoria, Arizona
* Peter Santilli, age 50, of Cincinnati, Ohio * Named in the new indictment: Blaine Cooper, Corey Lequieu, Neil Wampler, Jason Charles Blomgren, Darryl William Thorn, Wesley Kjar and Eric Lee Flores. Two other names are redacted.
Video from within LeVoy Finicum's truck prior to and after LeVoy being shot dead by FBI. Shot in the back three times and fired upon truck AFTER Finicum's death.
Ammon Bundy's phone call to David Fry during his standoff.
Permit me to jump in here.... The Republican lead legislature has turned back the clock during the 2012 legislative session to permit local officals to take private property and give it to private developers.
If you think those of us living in Macon County are far removed from all of this crap - think twice and arm yourself with knowledge. There are residents and politicians among us who want to regulate how you can legally use and enjoy your property. It is called zoning. In 2013, Representative Warren and Chairman Maxwell both spoke in favor of zoning after one year in the same court room Warren stated she supported property rights! These two and others are all to happy to take or force restritiction upon land belonging to others.
Notasulga, Alabama, population of 950 citizens. In March of 2012 then mayor Frank Tew invited SmartGrowthAmerica.org to come and offer advice to revitalize our rural town with seed money from none other than EPA. The citizens reading and learning of smart growth and its coupling with United Nations Agenda 21 were extremely angry and concerned their rural way of life would be taken from them. The town council chambers were busting at the seams. Comments similiar to "Do not to sell the town out for a few federal dollars." were common place.
And the beat goes on. Turn an agency or effort by government back and bingo out sprouts another effort to remove our personal property rights from another direction stomping upon our constitutions. We have all heard and learned to dislike "redistribution of wealth." Well welcome to redistribution of " personal property" in the name of Home Rule, zoning, or blight laws. Call it as you may, the end product is the same: loss of personal property rights.
Long time activist, speaker, and writer of the loss of property rights has a May 5, 2016 article entitled The Third American Revolution. A long read but he calls it like it is. We are losing our rights on a daily basis with Agenda 21 at is core.
Alabama's Forever Wild, an extension of the U.N. Agenda 21, is another example of social justice?. The program is sold for recreation and Bambi and Thumper. The truth is in the writing of a stated purpose of Forever Wild Trust, to "Promote a proper balance among population growth, economic development, environmental protection, and ecological diversity." Population growth and economic development? Also fully understand Forever Wild properties are not "forever wild." The state established the Forever Wild Trust who can do with "their" property as you and me with ours, it can be traded, sold, and timber harvested, including the state leasing land while the owners suck gas out of the earth. Thousands of acres are closed to the public except for two or three days per year for hunting.
Documented cases of zoning restrictions levied upon homes and businesses destroyed in northern Alabama are no different than the thousands in need of rebuilding in New Jersy and Long Island, NY. Replacing a home or business requires a permit in compliance with the NEW zoning and codes and FEMA regulations that were not in place when grandpa cut wood by hand and hammered nails to build the home your mother grew up in and you frequently visited.
Andy and Kacey Clay from Jamestown, Missouri, seventh generation farmers "Ditch the Rule" video parody of the EPA wanting to regulate dried creek beds.
The EPA wants to implement sweeping new regulations to Clean Water Act of 1972 to include man-made ponds, ditches, creeks, and seasonal rainwater collection areas for federal government regulations, thereby taking control of these water and wet areas from the states. Listen to a 3-hour hearing before House Subcommittee on Water Resources and Environment on June 11, 2014.
Bob Hart, LLC writes A Carrot and a Stick- Oregon Land Use Program the state adopted a land use control system that will forbit building your own home on a piece of property with a few exceptions to prevent, oh that smartgrowth term, "sprawl" and to create Urban Growth Boundaries. Oregon Southern Oregon Regional Pilot Program (SORPP)
Roger Kimball states in The Wall Street Journal on 14Jan2013 in "This Metamorphosis Will Require a Permit" a women who owns two adjoining properties on Long Island devistated by Hurricane Sandy can not replace the house she rented and the cottage she lived in because zoning says the plots are not zoned for two structures. Please keep in mind this woman has paid her property taxes for 29 years which always were graciously accepted.
A landowner now has a public walking path in the middle of her Tuscaloosa property following the devasting tornadoes compliments of zoning she was not aware of. A friend of mine calls these types of laws " legislative land mines" as they sit on the books until the opportunity is created for their dusting off and being put to use.
If additional proof is necessary to see how the different government agencies, such as the EPA, BLM, US Forest Service, and Army Corps of Engineers are taking open grazing and other lands they simply no longer want privately held, read
- Kit and Sherry Lancey of New Mexico, with documents supporting their ownership and not the federal government
- Cliven Bundy of Nevada and the BLM
- Sackett vs EPA, of Northern Idaho had to fight the EPA all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court to prevent the agency from taking control of their land, all the while eating up their savings.
- EPA and Army Corps of Engineers in the name of the "Waters of the United States" want it if it has "intermittent, seasonal and rain-dependent" water on it and even if the water bed has been dry for extended periods of years. Rep. Harold Rogers (R-KY), Chairman of the House Appropriations Committee described it as "The biggest land grab in the history of the world."
The Constitution Revison Commission pushed by the Association of County Commissioners of Alabama (ACCA), Appleseed, Alabama Citizens for Constitutional Reform, Arise, and assisted in too many directions by the Alabama Law Institute, a recipient of our tax dollars, has been delving deep into providing counties power to include zoning and enforcement of their zoning including fees and penalities. Is this not a revenue generator for each county? No wonder the ACCA is determined to help their members while slipping it to citizens. Read your local zoning or comphrensive plans and learn how quickly one violation can be repeated several times over driving up court costs and fees. Cant pay the court costs and fees? That's okay the government would be happy to take your property - redistribution of property.
Look at the platform of the ACCA and wonder who's corner they are in. I know they are not in mine! Oh, did I forget to mention that most county commissioners belong to the ACCA! I am willing to betcha their dues and fees for membership are not from the commissioners themselves but the county government, funded entirely by you and I.
Beware and fully informed; Home Rule will be on one of our Alabama ballots in the not too far future.